Chair of the Kent & Medway Cultural Transformation Forum & Executive
Following a recent governance review the Kent & Medway Cultural Forum and Executive are seeking an exceptional Chair to provide strong leadership at a particularly challenging time for the cultural sector. This is an exciting opportunity to broaden the work and the reach of K&MCTF and to play a visible role in supporting the growth and sustainability of the sector. The role is voluntary but expenses will be paid.
The Chair will support both the Forum and the Executive and will remain in post for a four-year term. The Chair is supported in their role by Kent County Council’s Culture & Creative Economy Service. Secretariat for both the Forum and Executive is provided by Kent County Council.
The Chair’s role is to provide leadership, representation and advocacy for the Kent Cultural sector, the Forum and its objectives, and the Executive and its objectives, locally, nationally, and internationally.
The Chair will:
• Lead the Executive and the Forum
• Work with KCC to horizon scan and set agendas for the Executive
• Work with the Executive to agree agendas for the Forum
• Manage and direct meetings of both groups.
• Develop and maintain relationships and collaborations with other sector organisations
• Support the Forum to build and maintain relationships with a range of other partners and stakeholders
• Encourage and facilitate communication between the Executive and Forum;
• Oversee Forum and Executive recruitment and development
• Ensure that the skills and expertise of all members are fully utilised.
How to apply
Application is by CV and brief supporting statement outlining the reasons for your interest in the post and why you believe yourself to be suitable. Please include your full contact details, including telephone numbers and email address. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with K&MCTF Chair recruitment in the subject line.
If you would like an informal conversation about this opportunity, in confidence, please email Alastair Upton, Chief Executive, Creative Folkestone firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted by 9.00am Tuesday 1 June 2021. Interviews will be held w/c 14 June 2021. The successful applicant will be invited to take up their responsibilities from 1 July 2021