Freestylers Movement Workshop
Join Freestylers for a day of movement and performance, celebrating all dance styles and creative expression.
This workshop welcomes people with learning disabilities and those who identify as neurodiverse.
Our workshops are movement-based, with all dance styles celebrated. We also welcome spoken word and any other types of performance. The workshop will unfold in an organic and creative way- we will be responding to everyone’s experience, skills and energy in the moment. We will be listening and learning from each other so we might invite you to take the lead and tell us what you want to do. You can decide how much you want to be involved. You might want to watch at first or be centre stage. It is your choice!
Roland Carline, Director of Freestylers
Freestylers are an ever-expanding team of artists. Person-centred and disability-led, their work is about listening and learning from each other. The Freestylers team have longstanding creative relationships built on care, support and trust.
Notes about the workshop:
- Please note this is a 16+ event.
- Please come dressed in clothing that is comfortable to move in.
- The gallery floor is concrete. Please wear trainers or supportive shoes.
- If you would like to bring along some song choices, please do.
- Lunch is not provided but there are many local cafes to choose from. You are welcome to bring your own lunch.
Access is very important to us. If you would like to talk about your specific access needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites and social media
Social media: Follow and tag the Freestylers on Instagram: