Turner Contemporary is in Margate, on the north Kent coast at Rendezvous, CT9 1HG. Get directions. Please follow the latest government guidelines on travel and public transport.
Exhibitions at Turner Contemporary are free. Please consider supporting our work by making a donation when you visit. Your support helps us to realise our vision to make world-class art accessible to all.
Guidance for visiting in light of Covid-19
Admission is free but you will need to book a slot
- Bookings must be made in advance. Book your slot here.
- Do not visit if you think you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Re-booking is easy. You can visit as many times as you want.
- Please arrive within 15 minutes of your booked slot.
- Help us manage our capacity to keep you and staff safe – please ensure that you include the correct number of people visiting from your household on the booking. You can book up to 6 people from the same household. If you are visiting with friends, please make sure that you book each household separately.
- Please observe the social distancing guidelines in and around Turner Contemporary. We will have signs, floor markings and staff to help during your visit.
In order to visit Turner Contemporary, please wear a mask. Visitors to the gallery will not be allowed in without a mask.
- Although we have removed all hand-able objects from our public spaces and have introduced an enhanced cleaning regime of all touchable objects (including handrails, door handles, lift buttons etc) we want to ensure that you feel as safe as possible during your visit. Hand sanitiser stations will be available throughout.
- We have introduced a one-way system throughout the internal spaces of Turner Contemporary. On your arrival, please present a printed copy of your booking, or a digital one. A member of the team will be able to check you in touch free by scanning your barcode or by looking up your name.
- Please use the safety markings on the terrace for queuing. Please keep to the left when entering the building.
- There is reduced capacity of toilet facilities. Each person or household can use male (2 cubicles), female (5 cubicles) or accessible toilets. We are operating on a one in one out system. Please sanitise your hands before entering the toilets. Please wear a mask and please wash your hands after and use hand dryers.
- Unfortunately, our café will not be operating at this time so there are no refreshments facilities onsite. However, Margate has wonderful food and drink spots for you to enjoy. Browse Visit Thanet for info.
- We have wheelchairs available. They will be cleaned before and after each use. For access support please email us in advance of your visit: email@example.com
- We have large text captions available on request. They will be cleaned before and after each use.
- We’ve had to remove all seating from our internal spaces. If you would like a portable folding stool please ask a member of the team upon check in. We will make sure it is sanitised before and after it has been used.
A new gallery experience
- Please be advised that our public lockers are not available to use. We also do not offer any storage facilities.
- Our shop is open and will be operating with a one-way system in place. Only contactless payments will be accepted at this time. You can also browse our online shop here and place a click and collect order for your visit.
- Come prepared with your choice of personal protective equipment.
- You should only bring people who live with you as your guests.
- Importantly, if you are sick or fall into one of the vulnerable groups then you must postpone your visit until it safe for you to do so.
- Rebooking is easy. You can visit as many times as you please.
- We are free but rely on your support. Please donate here.
Our staff are present throughout the gallery to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
If our staff think you may be causing offence to other visitors, or are endangering yourself, others, our building or artworks, they will ask you to stop. Our staff have the authority to escort you from the gallery if necessary.
We will not tolerate abuse or violence towards any visitor, contractor or member of staff, or any form of harassment or discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, race, religion.
For general enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see www.gov.uk/coronavirus to learn more about how to keep yourself, your friends and family safe in these difficult times.
I have spent the most extraordinary afternoon at the gallery. Such helpful, informative, warm and enthusiastic staff. This is something I’ve never experienced before – London or NY or anywhere else. Thank you.
Visitor to Turner Contemporary
One of the most beautiful, naturally lit galleries in Britain