Turner Contemporary is in Margate on the Kent Coast at Rendezvous, CT9 1HG.
Entry to exhibitions at Turner Contemporary are free. Turner Contemporary is a charity and you can support our work today by making a donation. Every donation makes a difference.
Tuesday – Sunday
10am – 5pm, last entry is at 4pm.
Entry is free but you will need to book a slot.
Your Guide to Visiting Turner Contemporary
Booking Your Slot
Admission is free but you will need to book a slot
- Bookings must be made in advance. Currently bookings are open for June and July.
- Bookings for later in the summer will open in June 2021.
- Do not visit if you think you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Re-booking is easy. You can visit as many times as you want.
- Please arrive within 15 minutes of your booked slot.
- Help us manage our capacity to keep you and staff safe – please ensure that you include the correct number of people visiting from your household on the booking. You can book up to 6 people from the same household. If you are visiting with friends, please make sure that you book each household separately. We are currently unable to accommodate school bookings.
- Support us when you book your slot. Turner Contemporary is a charity. We need your help to continue offering free access to art, lead pioneering learning projects, promote wellbeing, encourage debate and inspire new ways of thinking. Support our work today – every donation makes a difference.
- Please observe the social distancing guidelines in and around Turner Contemporary. We will have signs, floor markings and staff to help during your visit.
In order to visit Turner Contemporary, please wear a mask. Visitors to the gallery will not be allowed in without a mask.
- Although we have removed all hand-able objects from our public spaces and have introduced an enhanced cleaning regime of all touchable objects (including handrails, door handles, lift buttons etc) we want to ensure that you feel as safe as possible during your visit. Hand sanitiser stations will be available throughout.
- On your arrival, please present a printed copy of your booking, or a digital one. A member of the team will be able to check you in touch free by scanning your barcode or by looking up your name.
- We have wheelchairs available. They will be cleaned before and after each use. For access support please email us in advance of your visit: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have large text captions available on request. They will be cleaned before and after each use.
- We’ve had to remove all seating from our internal spaces. If you would like a portable folding stool please ask a member of the team upon check in. We will make sure it is sanitised before and after it has been used.
A new gallery experience
- Please be advised that our public lockers are not available to use. We also do not offer any storage facilities.
- Our shop is open and will be operating. Only contactless payments will be accepted at this time. You can also browse our online shop here and place a click and collect order for your visit.
- Come prepared with your choice of personal protective equipment.
- You should only bring people who live with you as your guests.
- Importantly, if you are sick or fall into one of the vulnerable groups then you must postpone your visit until it safe for you to do so.
Our staff are present throughout the gallery to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
If our staff think you may be causing offence to other visitors, or are endangering yourself, others, our building or artworks, they will ask you to stop. Our staff have the authority to escort you from the gallery if necessary.
We will not tolerate abuse or violence towards any visitor, contractor or member of staff, or any form of harassment or discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, race, religion.
For general enquiries please email email@example.com.
Please see www.gov.uk/coronavirus to learn more about how to keep yourself, your friends and family safe in these difficult times.
One of the most beautiful, naturally lit galleries in Britain