Turner & the elements: A Margate walking tour
Experience Margate through the eyes of celebrated artist JMW Turner and take inspiration from the place where he made hundreds of his landscape paintings.
Turner Contemporary is running a number of guided walking tours as part of the Back and Fill festival, a celebration of arts and culture across seaside towns over October’s school holiday. This conversational tour will take in key historic places connected with JMW Turner and provide the opportunity to experiment with the techniques he used to make his masterpieces. Book your ticket here.
- The tour will last approximately one hour, starting and finishing outside Droit House tourist information centre on the Harbour Arm (opposite Turner Contemporary gallery).
- The tour is designed to run in all weather conditions. Please ensure you are appropriately dressed for the weather and wearing sensible shoes that you don’t mind potentially getting sandy or wet if venturing onto the beach. The tour may be cancelled in extreme weather conditions if deemed to be dangerous.
- Advance booking is essential. To observe safe practice the group will be limited to 5 people and we ask that you observe social distancing if not in the same household.
Please let us know in advance when booking your ticket if you have any access requirements so we can modify the tour accordingly.
Sat 24 October: 11:00am- 12:00pm; 1:30 – 2:30pm; 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Sat 31 October: 11:00am- 12:00pm; 1:30 – 2:30pm; 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- This event is aimed towards adults; due to the limit on social gatherings, if you are bringing children, please book separate tickets for them.
- Do not attend this event if you think you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Please let us know as soon as you can if you need to cancel.
- Please be advised that Turner Contemporary is closed to the public until early 2021 so there are no open Toilet or Café facilities onsite. This event is happening outdoors, so make sure to use your own toilet facilities at home before you attend this workshop.
- Tickets are a “pay what you can” donation that will go towards our future learning programmes and projects. If you cannot attend, or the event is cancelled, please note that donations cannot be refunded.