Download a brand new fanzine resource created by People Dem Collective and Studio Camo, inspired by Steve McQueen's work Ashes, now exhibiting at the gallery.
Instructions for creating your zine
- Step 1 – Download your fanzine pack, which includes:
- Steve McQueen Fanzine
- Fanzine template
- Fanzine artist graphics cheat sheet
- Fanzine support sheet
HINT – These can be printed in A4 or A3.
- Step 2 – Get practicing and use the Steve McQueen Fanzine made by Camo-Studios to perfect your folding and fanzine skills. HINT – At the bottom of the fanzine support sheet, it shows you how to fold and where to cut.
- Step 3 – Use the support sheet to inspire the content for each page. HINT – Look at how Studio Camo was inspired and how they answered some of the questions for their fanzine.
- Step 4 – Time to get creative and get cutting and sticking. Use the graphic cheat sheet to get you started. HINT – Don’t forget, it’s your fanzine! You can also get images from newspapers and magazines or you might want to do your own illustrations. Make it your own.
- Step 5 – Once you’ve created your fanzine, consider making copies to give to your friends and/ or family to start a conversation about the topics you’ve touched on.