With world-class art and breath taking sea views you’ll never be short of inspiration at Turner Contemporary.
Entry to the gallery is free. Book a visit to support teaching across the curriculum and learning outside of the classroom. Our offer encourages new ways of seeing, thinking and learning.
You can find our learning resource connected with our current exhibitions, The Tourists: Ellen Harvey and JMW Turner, and Ashes by Steve McQueen, here.
School Bookings 2021
We are now taking self-led school visits until the 12th September. We look forward to finally welcoming you and your students back to the gallery! Prior to your visit, please note:
- You must book your visit in advance.
- Visits can be booked for 10am-4pm, Tuesday to Friday.
- We can only accommodate self-led visits at this stage. Unfortunately we cannot deliver tours until further notice.
- Groups entering the gallery should be kept to a maximum of 30 students at one time, not including teachers. Please split your cohort into smaller groups of 6 when navigating the gallery.
- We cannot provide lunch spaces or store bags and coats at this time.
- If your booking is unable to proceed due to Covid-19 restrictions, we’ll inform you with as much notice as possible.
- For visitors over the age of 16, we are required to take their contact details for Track and Trace, which will be retained for 21 days after your visit. We will be in touch with booked group leaders to arrange this.
- To book your visit, please use the booking form below.
Explore our vibrant changing exhibitions programme with your group for free, supported by our exhibition resources.
Please book your self-led visits in advance so we can ensure you have the best possible experience.
Arts Award & Artsmark
We can support children and young people achieve their Arts Award at different levels through tours, workshops and our work experience offer.
Embarking on your Artsmark journey? Work with us to help embed arts and culture across the curriculum. Get in touch with the learning team to discuss how.