Quiet Mornings: Turner Contemporary
Join us to experience our Quiet Mornings and see the exhibitions in an environment that is more comfortable and accessible for our visitors with additional needs.
Join us to experience our Quiet Mornings and see the exhibitions in an environment that is more comfortable and accessible for our visitors with additional needs. Book your tickets.
We Will Walk – Art and Resistance in the American South is the first exhibition of its kind in the UK and reveals a little-known history shaped by the Civil Rights period in the 1950s and 60s.
It brings together sculptural assemblages, paintings and quilts by more than 20 African American artists from Alabama and surrounding states. The artists represented in the exhibition lived through the Civil Rights struggle and its aftermath, often in conditions of poverty. This art is characterised by the remaking and reuse of materials through necessity, custom, culture and innovation as well as a vital connection to place and nature. The exhibition also features Civil Rights music and documentary photographs that reveal the links between the art and its context.
We make small changes to ensure a visit to Turner Contemporary is more comfortable and accessible for our visitors with additional needs. During Quiet Hour:
- Sound within galleries will be turned down
- Hand dryers in the toilets will be turned off
- Ear defenders are available to borrow and will be cleaned before and after use
- Staff radios will be set to a low level
- Quiet Hour signs will placed around the gallery encouraging all visitors to contribute to a calm and relaxed atmosphere
- An Accessible Guide to the gallery is available from the Main Desk and also available to download
All of our staff members are provided with information about neurodiversity to help make your visit as comfortable as possible. Share your feedback or suggestions with us on the day of your visit, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any other access needs that you would like to let us know about please contact: Amit Burrows, Operations Manager: email@example.com or call 01843 233000.